* [9fans] plan9 is cool
@ 2001-09-21 14:44 Sam Ducksworth
From: Sam Ducksworth @ 2001-09-21 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

well after almost a year of using a standalone plan9 system
i have finally had the time, space and extra machines to construct
my first "real" plan9 system. and by "real" i mean standalone fileserver,
cpu server, auth server and terminal. i also have inferno hosted on the
system.

i am very impressed at how well the system runs on the old 100-133Mhz
processors, 10baseT cards and low end video cards that were used.
i have started purchasing upgraded hardware and plan to put up a web
page detailing the construction of my existing plan9 system as well
as the new one. i will also post some of the problems that i encountered
during the construction as well as the solutions.

sorry to ramble i didn't have anyone else to share my accomplishment with.
when i tried to tell my wife she just looked at me like i was crazy.

--sam

* Re: [9fans] plan9 is cool
@ 2001-09-24 16:05 ` Michael Jeffrey
From: Michael Jeffrey @ 2001-09-24 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sam,

If you do write something up on how you did this I would be
very pleased to include it as part of the Plan 9/Inferno newsletter
that we produce from time to time.  There are also prizes for
doing so; in the form of free T-shirts.

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards

Michael Jeffrey