* [9fans] twente9con shortly before christmas?
@ 2004-10-28  0:04 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2004-10-28  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Since I could not make it to the london 9con I have been
thinking: why not try to not let a 9con come to me?
(under the untested working assumption that at our university,
 located between Hengelo and Enschede in the Netherlands,
 it should be possible to find a room to meet, ideally one
 with a beamer. the campus-wide wireless lan is a bonus)

This leads to a question: when?
A natural answer came up by the fact that at the end of
this year the number of 9fans in twente will temporarily
be increased by 50% (to the amazing number of 3 :-)

So, essentially I'm sending this email to see if people
would be interested, and what their time constraints are
to see if it makes sense to really start organizing.

Given our time constraints, the 9con should be somewhere
in the period from say friday 17 till wed. 22 dec.,
which would give us the weekend of 18-19 december,
or maybe somewhere between christmas and new year's eve.
I guess it should/could be 1 or 2 days (but: no program yet).
If people would like the idea of having a 9con here,
but prefer a completely different time: let me know.

w.r.t. possible costs I have no idea yet, nor about the
possible impact of organizing on non-working days when
(by default at least, maybe access can be arranged anyway)
many (not all!) buildings are closed (and heatings turned low) -
that would simply be things to find out.

So, if those who are (potentially) interested could let
me know (private mail) their constraints, ideas, etc.
I can see whether (and what) we can arrange....

Axel.

* Re: [9fans] twente9con shortly before christmas?
@ 2004-10-28  5:28 ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-10-28  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:04:03 +0200, Axel Belinfante
<axel.belinfante@cs.utwente.nl> wrote:
> Since I could not make it to the london 9con I have been
> thinking: why not try to not let a 9con come to me?
> (under the untested working assumption that at our university,
>  located between Hengelo and Enschede in the Netherlands,
>  it should be possible to find a room to meet, ideally one
>  with a beamer. the campus-wide wireless lan is a bonus)

cool Idea I'm interested in a 9con. As I noted before, there is the
Chaos Communication Congress in Berlin from 27th to 29th December
(http://www.ccc.de/congress/2004/index.en.html). The CfP is over but
they are interested in developer conferences
(http://21c3.ccc.de/weblog/2004/10/04/developer-conferences-at-21c3/)
to. Maybe 9con come to me. ;-) But Twente is OK to.

Matthias

* Re: [9fans] twente9con shortly before christmas?
@ 2004-10-28 13:03   ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2004-10-28 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:28:42 +0200, Matthias Teege  Maybe 9con

>9con can come to me. ;-) But Twente is OK to.

I'm going to be attending OSDI this year, and among other things plan
to setup a Plan 9 BOF to talk about where things are at, where things
are going, and in what new directions do we want to go (wrt Plan 9) -
anyone else going to OSDI?

          -eric

* Re: [9fans] twente9con shortly before christmas?
@ 2004-10-28 13:25     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-10-28 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Van Hensbergen, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I'm going to be attending OSDI this year, and among other things plan
> to setup a Plan 9 BOF to talk about where things are at, where things
> are going, and in what new directions do we want to go (wrt Plan 9) -
> anyone else going to OSDI?

I'm planning to be there.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] twente9con shortly before christmas?
@ 2004-10-28 19:35     ` Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2004-10-28 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Van Hensbergen, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Eric Van Hensbergen wrote:
> anyone else going to OSDI?

I'll be there.

>           -eric

Tim N.