* [9fans] linker question (sparc)
@ 2005-01-26 23:59 Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2005-01-26 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,  I'm fiddling with the linker.  I have it generating ELFs now and
I have libmach interpretting the resulting files.  When I load
up the file in acid, the symbols all seem ok.  However, the line
numbers all seem to be off by 0xA0.  If I run src(main - 0xA0) I
get the line for main.  As it turns out, thats the size of the
header (and the value of HEADR).  The INITTEXT value is set to
0x8000C000+HEADR, as the elf header gets loaded in right below
the actual text.

I'm trying to dig into this but finding the code somewhat confusing.
Anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Tim N.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-01-26 23:59 UTC | newest]