* [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
@ 2001-04-10 13:12 Dave Iafrate - CSCI/F1997
From: Dave Iafrate - CSCI/F1997 @ 2001-04-10 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

What we have now is the file server waiting at the prompt and the cpu
server also at the prompt, there both looking pretty good.

The problem now is the
srv il!odysseus command -> odysseus is the file server

Is this the ndb ???
what were concerned about now is just setting up a local network and
omitting the gateway out...
can someone please send a ndb local that relates to this

* Re: [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
@ 2001-04-23  8:41 ` Michael Collins
From: Michael Collins @ 2001-04-23  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	Hi all.

I just wish there was something like 3 example files that would work on
a real network with only changing the ip numbers and names.  (With which
things should be changed in ones particular case documented in the
proggie.).  1 for a simple firewalled plan 9 box behind whatever
firewall/router.  1 for a plan 9 router doing simple routing and
masq?/nat?    And possibly one for a network like Lucent.  Large and
with all the variables.

I have seen one from a while back, but without traversing the simple
first...I have a hard time with the complicated.  And I swesr, when I
can figure out the simplist of network configuration I will help with
Documnttion.  I can't write that "P9 works well on dhcp services, but
for the life of me I can't get anything i put in the "local" db to
initilize at boot"

Sorry.  I am not a coder and do not how to think about a regular
expression, but I see the potential and I will be here one way or
another.  Maybe some of us can work together on this.

I know how hard it is to get programmers to think of docs though.  So
put me in touch with somebody of a like mind.  Something.

Thanks   Sorry for the almost rant.  I am begging for help with my Plan9
addiction.  I can't even feed the addiction at this rate of learning
curve. South Austin Slacker ways.

Maybe vitanuova is offering a course here and i can convert that to
Plan9.  but from what Ï have seen of inferno, not.

Havin fun'

--
Michael H. Collins              http://www.linuxlink.com
Admiral                         Penguinista Navy International

Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@bath.ac.uk

* Re: [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
@ 2001-04-10 14:50 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-04-10 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

yes, that's right.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2357 bytes --]

To: Russ Cox <plan9.bell-labs.com!rsc>
Cc: cse.psu.edu!9fans
Subject: Re: [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:41:11 -0400 (EDT)

But i can declare a local network without a gateway is that correct?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Russ Cox wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:17:53 -0400
> From: Russ Cox <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
> To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
> Subject: Re: [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
>
> there's the beginning of an intro to all the ndb
> stuff at
>
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/9
>
> you'll need entries for the networks
> starting at the class x and for yours.
>
> you should be able to use the examples
> on that page with the appropriate numbers
> substituted in.
>
> russ

* Re: [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
@ 2001-04-10 13:41 ` Dave Iafrate - CSCI/F1997
From: Dave Iafrate - CSCI/F1997 @ 2001-04-10 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox; +Cc: 9fans

But i can declare a local network without a gateway is that correct?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Russ Cox wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:17:53 -0400
> From: Russ Cox <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
> To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
> Subject: Re: [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
>
> there's the beginning of an intro to all the ndb
> stuff at
>
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/9
>
> you'll need entries for the networks
> starting at the class x and for yours.
>
> you should be able to use the examples
> on that page with the appropriate numbers
> substituted in.
>
> russ

* Re: [9fans] ONCE AGAIN
@ 2001-04-10 13:17 Russ Cox