* Re: [9fans] WebDAV file system
@ 2002-10-31  4:17 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-10-31  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Anyway, what means fera tact?   I don't see both of fera and tact,
>> sorry.  :-)
>
> Fera is Japanese street slang for a blowjob (at least it is in parts of
> Tokyo). Tact sucks. See? I see that zakennayo works in Osaka just fine ;)

Shouldn't that be 'tact blows'!

I thought 'sucks' is short for 'sucks the hind teat', as in a runt
being forced to the least desirable (least milk) nipple.

Anyway, use of colloquialism or slang in an international forum just
sticks in my craw and is as useless as balls on heifer.

* Re: [9fans] WebDAV file system
@ 2002-10-31 13:58 ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2002-10-31 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:

> Anyway, use of colloquialism or slang in an international forum just
> sticks in my craw and is as useless as balls on heifer.

Then don't do it, don't get involved in such discussions. But it
demonstrates a certain lack of respect to dis other people who seem
comfortable with it. As to utility, I don't think your individual opinion
should be forced on others. Do you? How would you like -me- making such
decisions about -you-?

The idea -isn't- to lower the bar to some commen level. Just jump higher
if you feel the need. Otherwise, move to a different event.

The -really- funny thing about his sort of stuff is the people doing the
complaining are -the- ones turning it into a flame fest.

Da svidanya menya droog.

    We don't see things as they are,                      ravage@ssz.com
    we see them as we are.                                   www.ssz.com
                                                  jchoate@open-forge.org
    Anais Nin                                         www.open-forge.org

* Re: [9fans] WebDAV file system
@ 2002-10-31 18:21   ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2002-10-31 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > Anyway, use of colloquialism or slang in an international forum just
> > sticks in my craw and is as useless as balls on heifer.
>
> Then don't do it, don't get involved in such discussions. But it
> demonstrates a certain lack of respect to dis other people who seem
> comfortable with it. As to utility, I don't think your individual opinion
> should be forced on others. Do you? How would you like -me- making such
> decisions about -you-?
>
> The idea -isn't- to lower the bar to some commen level. Just jump higher
> if you feel the need. Otherwise, move to a different event.
>
> The -really- funny thing about his sort of stuff is the people doing the
> complaining are -the- ones turning it into a flame fest.

Uhh, ``sticks in my craw'' and ``useless as balls on a heifer'' are
both colloquialisms.  I think Skip was making a joke.

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] (no longer) WebDAV file system
@ 2002-11-01  9:37 ` Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2002-11-01  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

fst@centurytel.net (Skip Tavakkolian) wrote in message >
> Anyway, use of colloquialism or slang in an international forum just
> sticks in my craw and is as useless as balls on heifer.

Or to paraphrase Robert Heinlein "I am inhibited in expressing myself
by the presence of a non-native English speaker ; therefore I cannot
adequately discuss the ancestry, personal habits, morals, and
destination of those who use "enjoy colorfull conversations" in
presence of such"
;-)
--Joel
Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has
been turned off.

* Re: [9fans] WebDAV file system
@ 2002-11-01 11:26     ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2002-11-01 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Dan Cross wrote:

>I think Skip was making a joke.

Really?  How _can_ you say _that_?

* Re: [9fans] WebDAV file system
@ 2002-11-01 20:50       ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2002-11-01 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Really?  How _can_ you say _that_?

In the same I way I can say that Choate was mixing his cases in Russian.

	- Dan C.

* [9fans] VGA card not in lib/vgadb
@ 2002-11-01 21:08         ` Mike Fletcher
From: Mike Fletcher @ 2002-11-01 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Who can tell me what magic entries to use to get
the following to work in Plan9 r4

ATI Rage 128 VR  (identified in the VGA BIOS as
                  0xC0082="RAGE128 VR")

I put the id string shown above in the most obvious
place in /lib/vgadb; but I get errors saying vclk
is out of range no matter what resolution I try.

Monitor is multisync, CPU is Pent3/500MHz - both by
Gateway.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

-Mike Fletcher
 Tulane University

* Re: [9fans] WebDAV file system
@ 2002-11-01 23:30   ` Roman V. Shaposhnick
From: Roman V. Shaposhnick @ 2002-11-01 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 07:58:38AM -0600, Jim Choate wrote:

> Da svidanya menya droog.

  hm. what's the name of this language? But anyway, it's not the one you
  intended it to be.

Roman.

* Re: [9fans] VGA card not in lib/vgadb
@ 2002-11-05  5:03 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-05  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > I put the id string shown above in the most obvious
> > place in /lib/vgadb; but I get errors saying vclk
> > is out of range no matter what resolution I try.
>
> I think your card is unsupported and there's no driver
> for that model.

seconded, sorry.