* [9fans] OT: drawterm+SPARC Solaris
@ 2005-06-01 14:35 I RATTAN
From: I RATTAN @ 2005-06-01 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I was able to compile the code but when executed it results in the
message:

drawterm: can't determmine x server byte order
abort 1738
$

Any one seen this message?

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] OT: drawterm+SPARC Solaris
@ 2005-06-01 15:21 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2005-06-01 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> drawterm: can't determmine x server byte order
> abort 1738
> $
>
> Any one seen this message?

yes, I got bitten by it too.
the (last line of) the big multiline comment
some lines above this error message in screen-x11.c
seems 'instructive' (lack of better word).
I have not recently tried to (re)build drawterm -
things may have changed since I last looked at it.

(It may pay off to check) if p9p graphic apps work for you,
(and if so,) if the drawterm code maybe can be updated to
do the same as in p9p src/libdraw/x11-init.c - I think
that code is quite similar to the screen-x11.c .

At the time, I worked around this in drawterm by
commenting out the code that initializes xscreendepth
using DefaultDepth (maybe only necessary in my env),
and instead setting xscreendepth explicitly in the
blocks associated with the tests that use XMatchVisualInfo,
and changing the order of these tests such that I use an
xscreendepth < 24 which avoids the code that
leads to this message.

Axel.

* Re: [9fans] OT: drawterm+SPARC Solaris
@ 2005-06-01 17:53   ` I RATTAN
From: I RATTAN @ 2005-06-01 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Axel Belinfante wrote:

> commenting out the code that initializes xscreendepth
> using DefaultDepth (maybe only necessary in my env),
> and instead setting xscreendepth explicitly in the
> blocks associated with the tests that use XMatchVisualInfo,
> and changing the order of these tests such that I use an
> xscreendepth < 24 which avoids the code that
> leads to this message.
I commented out the xscreendepth 24 else clause.

The byte order problem goes away but auth now insists
in using netkey auth approach..

-ishwar