* [9fans] OT: images?
@ 2006-10-27 16:07 ISHWAR RATTAN
From: ISHWAR RATTAN @ 2006-10-27 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I searched for photos/images of Kernighan, Pike, Ritchie
and Thompson on the Internet. The images are very low resolution
(look blurred when printed). Where can I find good resoultion
images? I need them for posting in the dept.

Thanks in advance,
-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] OT: images?
@ 2006-10-27 16:37 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2006-10-27 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

sharp but low resolution images do?

/lib/face/48x48x2/k/ken.1
/lib/face/48x48x4/d/dmr.1
/lib/face/48x48x4/r/rob.1

togif(1) will make thse images more web friendly

then there is always:

http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/pix/Plan9-1995.gif

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] OT: images?
@ 2006-10-27 16:48 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-10-27 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I searched for photos/images of Kernighan, Pike, Ritchie
> and Thompson on the Internet. The images are very low resolution
> (look blurred when printed). Where can I find good resoultion
> images? I need them for posting in the dept.

Use the Google, Luke.

http://images.google.com/images?q=brian+kernighan&imgsz=xxlarge
http://images.google.com/images?q=rob+pike&imgsz=xxlarge
http://images.google.com/images?q=dennis+ritchie&imgsz=xxlarge
http://images.google.com/images?q=ken+thompson&imgsz=xxlarge

Russ

* Re: [9fans] OT: images?
@ 2006-10-27 17:46   ` ISHWAR RATTAN
From: ISHWAR RATTAN @ 2006-10-27 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

These do not print nice on 8x11 paper. I have
already tried these.

Thanks,
-ishwar

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Russ Cox wrote:

>> I searched for photos/images of Kernighan, Pike, Ritchie
>> and Thompson on the Internet. The images are very low resolution
>> (look blurred when printed). Where can I find good resoultion
>> images? I need them for posting in the dept.
>
> Use the Google, Luke.
>
> http://images.google.com/images?q=brian+kernighan&imgsz=xxlarge
> http://images.google.com/images?q=rob+pike&imgsz=xxlarge
> http://images.google.com/images?q=dennis+ritchie&imgsz=xxlarge
> http://images.google.com/images?q=ken+thompson&imgsz=xxlarge
>
> Russ

* Re: [9fans] OT: images?
@ 2006-10-27 17:56   ` ISHWAR RATTAN
From: ISHWAR RATTAN @ 2006-10-27 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Ignore the last message, the pictures printed good.

Thanks again