* Re: [9fans] moving things on screen
@ 2000-09-04 16:21 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-09-04 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Not much attention has been given to
things like high refresh rate animations.
 From my point of view, I'd like to get
more basic things working more solidly.

Of course, the problem could be the
ATI card setup more than the lack of
double-buffering.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] moving things on screen
@ 2000-09-04 21:31 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2000-09-04 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Russ Cox wrote:

> Of course, the problem could be the
> ATI card setup more than the lack of
> double-buffering.

the setup is standard (for an ATI card). the acceleration is turned on.

I see about 3 blinks per second wen I run my simple animation.
I would like to check my settings, but i don't know where to look for an
error.

andrey

* [9fans] moving things on screen
@ 2000-08-31  4:10 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2000-08-31  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,
I have been away for a while and happily spent several weeks without any
computers, but at the and i had to come back to reality...

I am still playing with graphics and am curious if there's any way
animations can be displayed using double buffering with plan9?

What I have done is a simple rectangle that changes size and generaly bumps
in the corners of the window. The effect is that on my ATI video card, the
refresh is not perfect, even if I have quite a delay between the redraws --
there's still some flicker.

Has there been anything done to enable displaying higher refresh rate image
under plan9 (i.e. animations)? If yes, how would one accomplish that?

The way I have implemented it is by simply changing the coordinates of a
rectangle, redrawing the screen with default color and drawing on top of it.

I'd be happy to see if anyone else has done anything requiring more than
10-24 refreshes a second...

Please bare with my silly questions, having in mind that I'm still learning
:)

andrey