* Re: [9fans] Browser
@ 2002-06-21 12:50 ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2002-06-21 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I should be clear here, they didn't agree to anything yet ...
but at least they were responsive.

Sam

On Fri, 21
Jun 2002, rob pike, esq. wrote:

> How did you manage to do that? I tried hard to engage them a year
> or so ago and got nowhere.  Good job.
>
> -rob

* Re: [9fans] Browser
@ 2002-06-21 13:33 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-06-21 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-06-21 13:27 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-06-21 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

200 < x < 2000

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1991 bytes --]

From: Sam <sah@softcardsystems.com>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Browser
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:14:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all,

I don't know if any of you have tried opera6, but I downloaded
it the other day and was quite impressed.  opera5 had a
clunky interface.  6 is much more intuitive and has all kinds
of neat features that are *useful*, not just *extra*.

Anyhow, I contacted the opera folks to tell them what a great
job i thought they've done and asked about porting it to
plan9.  They're interested to find out how many users they'd
be targeting (hey, they want to make sales).

So.  Anyone willing to shout out a ballpark figure on how
many users they might touch by letting me port it?

Cheers,

Sam

* Re: [9fans] Browser
@ 2002-06-21 12:54 ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2002-06-21 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

hehe,

Something tells me responding, "somewhere between these
two orders of magnitude," might not impress them terribly
much ... but hey, you ask for a ballpark figure, you
can't be surprised when that's what you get.

;)

sam

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> 200 < x < 2000