* Re: [9fans] blanks in file names
@ 2002-07-05 19:21 David Gordon Hogan
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2002-07-05 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>> Isn't a haiku supposed to have 17 syllables?
>>
>> Some would dispute the imposition of such an absolute rule.
>
> Is that why your message has only 16 syllables?

Word.

* Re: [9fans] blanks in file names
@ 2002-07-05 19:52 ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2002-07-05 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, David Gordon Hogan wrote:

> >> Some would dispute the imposition of such an absolute rule.
> >
> > Is that why your message has only 16 syllables?
>
> Word.

Actually only one style of Hiaku uses 17 'syllables' in Japanese. Not the
same thing as English 'syllables'. For an excellent discussion on this
point, and how to compensate for it...

The Haiku Handbook: How to write, share, and teach Haiku
W.J. Higginson, P. Harter
ISBN 4-7700-1430-9
$13 US

Enjoy!

              When I die, I would like to be born again as me.

                                            Hugh Hefner
     ravage@ssz.com                                         www.ssz.com
     jchoate@open-forge.org                          www.open-forge.org

* Re: [9fans] Haiku maaaaadness!
@ 2002-07-05 19:52   ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2002-07-05 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> To write a Haiku
> of exactly seventeen syllables
> is diff.

Now surely you jest,
Writing a decent haiku,
is rather easy.

* Re: [9fans] blanks in file names
@ 2002-07-05 20:10 ` Mark Bitting
From: Mark Bitting @ 2002-07-05 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-07-08  8:56 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2002-07-08  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Andrew Simmons wrote:
> Spaces in file names,
> Do I care? I don't think so.
> I'm off to the pub.

This life is for squirrels!
I'm off to the drugstore to whistle at girls.

* Re: [9fans] Haiku maaaaadness!
@ 2002-07-06  9:01 Andrew Simmons
From: Andrew Simmons @ 2002-07-06  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans