* [9fans] quirk
@ 2002-07-18 17:59 Sam
From: Sam @ 2002-07-18 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

4e question.

What would cause /dev/draw/... to not appear on boot?

I ask, because I decided to try a trackball serial mouse with
my TP 600E 9top; I changed mouseport=serial in the .ini, rebooted,
and it's not there.  Thusly, no frame buffer.

I went back and forth one more time to make certain I
wasn't seeing things.  It works using the keypad ps2; set it to
serial: no frame buffer.

Thoughts?

Sam

* Re: [9fans] quirk
@ 2002-07-30  5:14 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-07-30  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> What would cause /dev/draw/... to not appear on boot?

/rc/bin/termrc

		switch($mouseport){
		case ps2 ps2intellimouse 0 1 2
			aux/mouse $mouseport
			# parse vgasize into fields
			vgasize=`{echo $vgasize}
			if(! ~ $"monitor '' && ! ~ `{cat /dev/user} none)
				aux/vga -l $vgasize
			if(~ $accupoint 1)
				pipefile -dr /bin/aux/accupoint /dev/mouse
		}

> I ask, because I decided to try a trackball serial mouse with
> my TP 600E 9top; I changed mouseport=serial in the .ini, rebooted,
> and it's not there.  Thusly, no frame buffer.
>
> I went back and forth one more time to make certain I
> wasn't seeing things.  It works using the keypad ps2; set it to
> serial: no frame buffer.
>
> Thoughts?

use mouseport=0

russ