* [9fans] local resolution with net.alt
@ 2004-06-21 12:27 Sam
From: Sam @ 2004-06-21 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings -

I have an 'ip=<ip> sys=foo' name in /lib/ndb/local that I use
for shorthand to save committing the ip to memory.  I have
to access this ip via my net.alt inteface due to firewall
connection restrictions on the destination network.  The
name resolution from local is failing.  Is this a configuration
problem?

cpu% ssh root@/net/tcp!foo
ssh: dialing /net/tcp!aajjg: connection timed out
cpu% ssh root@/net.alt/tcp!foo
ssh: dialing /net.alt/tcp!foo: cs: can't translate address: dns: resource does not exist
cpu% ssh root@/net.alt/tcp!<ip address>
<success>

Cheers,

Sam

* Re: [9fans] local resolution with net.alt
@ 2004-06-21 12:30 ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2004-06-21 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> ssh: dialing /net/tcp!aajjg: connection timed out
s/aajjg/foo/

futz.

* Re: [9fans] local resolution with net.alt
@ 2004-06-21 20:34 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-06-21 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You need to put the definition of sys=foo in whichever /lib/ndb
file(s) you use on your /net.alt interface.  You get the `connection
timed out' because names for /net are looked up in /lib/ndb/local and
whatever files it names.  You get `can't translate address' because
names for /net.alt are looked up in other ndb files (conventionally,
/lib/ndb/external and whatever files it names).