* Re: [9fans] alg to make a good colour palette for a graph
       [not found] <3106177662@snellwilcox.com>
@ 2003-02-21 10:03 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2003-02-21 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I picked up somecode from Graphics gems to do this,
it was good enough for me though I wouldn't vouch
the optimal-ness of its solution.

The file is colorquant.c, I cannot find which volume of
gems its from but I could send you the code if you like.

-Steve

* [9fans] Re: alg to make a good colour palette for a graph
@ 2003-02-21 12:58   ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2003-02-21 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Steve Simon wrote:

> I picked up somecode from Graphics gems to do this,
> it was good enough for me though I wouldn't vouch
> the optimal-ness of its solution.
>
> The file is colorquant.c, I cannot find which volume of
> gems its from but I could send you the code if you like.

Google is your friend, all the code from all five volumes is available on
the web at the Graphics Gem homesite, which by the way will take you to
their e-zine on graphics related topics.

      We are all interested in the future for that is where you and I
      are going to spend the rest of our lives.

                              Criswell, "Plan 9 from Outer Space"

      ravage@ssz.com                            jchoate@open-forge.org
      www.ssz.com                               www.open-forge.org

* [9fans] Re: alg to make a good colour palette for a graph
@ 2003-02-21 12:56 ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2003-02-21 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:

> On a somewhat related note, I wanted to share my pick for a new
> book of algorithms; It is called "Hacker's Delight" by Henry S.
> Warren Jr.

I agree, I got it a couple of months ago and have enjoyed it. Is most
useful for those working in assembly and compilers but it's also just a
good read (if you like didling bits ;).