* [9fans] Re: [hangar18-general] Frustration...
       [not found] <200401300004.i0U04uD23642@peakunix.net>
@ 2004-01-30 15:30 ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2004-01-30 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hangar18-general; +Cc: 9fans

Hi Brad,

I'm forwarding to 9fans as somebody there is probably already aware of
it...

This sounds like the problem that had me stalled last week. There were
some comments about it but I don't remember if it got fixed. Might want to
google the 9fans list...

I was going to take a look at it over the weekend as I have no other work on
deadline at the moment. I've got to get saucer back up because the
mixmaster port is on hold until that gets fixed. I'll be building pcauth
myself. Hopefully I won't have the problem (knock on wood).

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Brad Davis wrote:

> A new kernel starts to load, then the system reboots. It's so fast
> I can't catch the error messages. :(
>
> I put a boot menu in plan9.ini, which makes it easy to test and
> recover, but no success yet.
>
> The default 9pcdisk kernel works fine, so I tried the default
> pcdisk config file but the new 9pcdisk kernel panics as well.
>
> The build always completes without errors. I still don't quite
> understand why the auth kernel loads from sdC0!9fat instead of
> /386... I tried it both ways just for kicks.
>
> Feel free to reply with "RTFM", or not at all. ;-)
>
> Just wanted to vent my frustration,
>
> --
> Brad

 -- --

Open Forge, LLC  24/365 Onsite Support for PCs, Networks, & Game Consoles
512-695-4126 (Austin, Tx.)  help@open-forge.com  irc.open-forge.com

Hangar 18  Open Source Distributed Computing Using Plan 9 & Linux
512-451-7087  http://open-forge.org/hangar18  irc.open-forge.org

James Choate  512-451-7087  ravage@ssz.com  jchoate@open-forge.com

* [9fans] Re: configure misery
@ 2004-02-03 17:11   ` rog
From: rog @ 2004-02-03 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

[apologies to all for adding to this, but...]

Jim: have you ever considered that the maxim "be strict in what
you produce, but liberal in what you accept" can apply just as well
to mailing list interactions as it does to computer protocols?

* Re: [9fans] Re: configure misery
@ 2004-02-04 16:48     ` Jim Choate
From: Jim Choate @ 2004-02-04 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 rog@vitanuova.com wrote:

> [apologies to all for adding to this, but...]
>
> Jim: have you ever considered that the maxim "be strict in what
> you produce, but liberal in what you accept" can apply just as well
> to mailing list interactions as it does to computer protocols?

Absolutely, but one must draw a line somewhere. That somewhere in this
case is an 'institutionalized' bias in who can say what to whom.

May I ask, why you bothered to break your own suggestion?

I will close with a single addemdum, when people start thinking about what
they're saying -before- they post it I'll quit giving them crap for their
crap. I'm simply tired of seeing it.

 -- --