* Re: [9fans] Drawterm under Linux?
@ 2002-10-28 16:18 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-28 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you're running this at a shell prompt in an xterm
and the xterm disappears?  really?

there are logs in /sys/log/auth on the auth server
that would be interesting.  what does

	cat /rc/bin/service/tcp17013

say on your cpu server?  it should say

	#!/bin/cpu -O

russ

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm under Linux?
@ 2002-10-28 16:19 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-10-28 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> you're running this at a shell prompt in an xterm
> and the xterm disappears?  really?
yes

> there are logs in /sys/log/auth on the auth server
> that would be interesting.  what does

shardi Oct 28 19:35:29 cr-ok glenda@bootes(141.209.131.87)

is the entry in /sys/log/auth

> 	cat /rc/bin/service/tcp17013
>
> say on your cpu server?  it should say
>
> 	#!/bin/cpu -O

it does

-ishwar

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm under Linux?
@ 2002-10-28 19:00   ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-10-28 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Also tried under Solaris-2.8, auth goes OK but drawterm window
prompt does not come back, killing it displays a message in
xterm

drawterm: waiting for FS

Under Windoz-XP, the provided binary
results in message:
	 program too big to fit in memory

-ishwar

@ 2002-10-28 16:09 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-28 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I haven't touched drawterm in months, so it's
not a recent thing.  I can't keep up with all the
different Linuxes with all their different C libraries.

What happens exactly?

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Drawterm under Linux?
@ 2002-10-28 16:03 ` Andrew
From: Andrew @ 2002-10-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i may be wrong on this, but i remember when setting it up i needed to
have the 3rd edition cpu ports open not just the 4th edition ports.

although there may be a new drawterm that uses 4th edition now...

Andrew

@ 2002-10-28 15:59 ` Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2002-10-28 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

drawterm -n -c host x-window and drawterm-window both
close (disappear) if auth info via 9netkey is correct!
else challange/response dialog continues as expected.

I looked at sources in /sys/src/cmd/unix/drawterm and
there does not seem to be any updates there.

Is there a log of this on Plan9 box side?

-ishwar

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> I haven't touched drawterm in months, so it's
> not a recent thing.  I can't keep up with all the
> different Linuxes with all their different C libraries.
>
> What happens exactly?
>
> Russ

* [9fans] Drawterm under Linux?
@ 2002-10-28 15:44 Ish Rattan