* Re: [9fans] Login with pppoe
@ 2002-10-13 16:53 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-13 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Um, our bad.  The user name buffer
was only 32 bytes long.  I've extended
it to 256 on sources, though that doesn't
help you (since you don't have internet
access under Plan 9).

Edit /sys/src/cmd/ip/ppp/ppp.h
and change

	char		secret[64];	/* md5 key */
	char		chapname[32];	/* chap system name */

into

	char		secret[256];	/* md5 key */
	char		chapname[256];	/* chap system name */

Then run

	cd /sys/src/cmd/ip/ppp
	mk install

and try your pppoe again.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Login with pppoe
@ 2002-10-13 19:25 ` Peter Bornemann
From: Peter Bornemann @ 2002-10-13 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thank You very much, your receipt worked instantly. I had already looked
at ppp.h, but didn't know for what name to look exactly. I would never
have guessed "chapname " for pap-authentication :-)

But there is a next problem: it seems only one ip-adress is transmitted,
which apparently is meant to be my own. However, I need at least 3 of
them, one for myself, one fo the peer, and one or two for the nameserver.
All these need to be given dynamically.

Are there any incantations to challenge these adresses?

Any help is very welcome.

Peter B

          .         .
          |\_-^^^-_/|
          / (|)_(|) \
         ( === X === )
          \  ._|_.  /
           ^-_   _-^
              °°°

* Re: [9fans] Login with pppoe
@ 2002-10-16  3:10 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-16  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> But there is a next problem: it seems only one ip-adress is transmitted,
> which apparently is meant to be my own. However, I need at least 3 of
> them, one for myself, one fo the peer, and one or two for the nameserver.
> All these need to be given dynamically.
> Are there any incantations to challenge these adresses?

Use the -P flag.
Sorry for the late reply.
Your mail got buried.

Russ

* [9fans] Login with pppoe
@ 2002-10-13 16:42 Peter Bornemann
From: Peter Bornemann @ 2002-10-13 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Plan9 Fans

Here is what I get, when I try to login to my provider usinf ip/pppoe:

my username is sabout 40 letters, the ones are: "@t-online.de", which is
the name of the provider.

After some acks and nacks I get:

1 ppp: pap: send authreq 1 <my_username_ending_in>@t-o ****
                                                    ^^^^
1 getframe 0xc023
1 ppp: pap failed (34:0012 PSBER002 0322019857 test user)
1 : remote=::: ppp shuting down

NB "shuting" is really spelled that way. Should be "shooting down"
probably.

The part underlined with ^^^^ shows where the real end of the name is
missing. Does this only happen on the display or is the name really
clipped? Is authreq correct for authentication to the provider (peer)?
Before that everything seems to go well, MTR and MTU are set and so on.
Name and password are certainly correct (looked very hard for that) and
are (where) working on a lot of systems.

Any help will be appreciated!

Peter B

           ^-_   _-^
              °°°