* [9fans] adding faces?
@ 2003-03-27 16:40 Robby
From: Robby @ 2003-03-27 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I feel a little bit stupid asking this, but oh well ...

How do I go about adding new faces to /lib/face when I am logged
in from a terminal as a regular user? Should I make the regular
user part of the sys group, if I want to allow editing such things?
Or what is the preferred method of "administering" when logging
in from a terminal?

Hmm, having read things about bind recently, can I bind local faces
on top of /lib/face? I'll read up about namespaces a bit, I guess.

Thanks for any pointers,
Robby

* Re: [9fans] adding faces?
@ 2003-03-27 17:10 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-03-27 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

from http://www.acl.lanl.gov/plan9/tips.html:

adding your own personal "faces"

	mkdir $home/lib/face
	mkdir $home/lib/face/48x48x1
	cp /lib/face/48x48x1/.dict $home/lib/face/48x48x1/

modify $home/lib/face/48x48x1/.dict, and add a line to your
$home/lib/profile like:

	bind -b $home/lib/face/48x48x1 /lib/face/48x48x1