* [9fans] v9fs for 9p2000 for Linux
@ 2003-04-01 15:02 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-04-01 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've got the pre-alpha :-) version of v9fs for 9p2000 working.

I'm using Russ's server for the server side. I have made two mods, which
are enabled by switches. The first mod is enabled by -N, and means: all
user-ids are represented Numerically, by 8-digit hex numbers. This changes
something like four lines in the server proper. I think the reason for
this one is pretty obvious, so I won't go into detail here (just consider
that we have 15,000 names in our LDAP at LANL ...  name-to-uid mapping is
not a problem I want to deal with in the kernel).

The second, -p, will make the server create a socket and use it for
connections. This second change is temporary until we're ready to go back
to the inetd version.

There is one other change I forgot: we are, until we work out our auth
protocol, letting root connect.

fsx passes.

v9fs.sourceforge.net for links to source etc.

Greg and I are slowly converting the whole tree to 9p2000, but it's not
all there yet. The fs2k directory contains the client VFS with most of
the stuff Al complained about removed. We will be doing testing with 1023
clients to one server in the next months.

ron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-01 15:02 UTC | newest]