* [9fans] Plan 9 source..
@ 2003-08-12 16:10 Honne Gowda A
From: Honne Gowda A @ 2003-08-12 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello All,

Where can I download plan 9 source(tar or tgz)? I tried from Plan9 wesite of
bell-labs, but from there I can download only iso image of plan9. Are there any
cross-references(like  http://lxr.linux.no/  for linux)?

TIA,
-HG

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 source..
@ 2003-08-12 16:32 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-08-12 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Honne Gowda A wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Where can I download plan 9 source(tar or tgz)? I tried from Plan9 wesite of
> bell-labs, but from there I can download only iso image of plan9. Are there any
> cross-references(like  http://lxr.linux.no/  for linux)?

your best bet is to download and burn the ISO image. otherwise Plan 9's source
code is available on the net only if you have a Plan 9 client.

there used to be a Plan 9 LXR for the third edition, but it went offline
long time ago and nobody has bothered to put a new one (or they weren't allowed
to ;)

andrey

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 source..
@ 2003-08-13  8:21 ` matt
From: matt @ 2003-08-13  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

David Presotto wrote:

>Can't you read an iso image on Linux without blowing a CDROM?

FreeBSD

vnconfig /dev/vn0c ./4e.iso
mount -t cd9660 /dev/vn0c /cdrom

Windows :

A utility called DaemonTools
http://www.aldostools.com/daemount.html

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 source..
@ 2003-08-13  5:50   ` Honne Gowda A
From: Honne Gowda A @ 2003-08-13  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Scott Schwartz wrote:

> > Can't you read an iso image on Linux without blowing a CDROM?
>
> Yes, using the loop device.  From the manpage, a floppy example:
>
>          mount /tmp/fdimage /mnt -t msdos -o loop=/dev/loop3,blocksize=1024
Yes, we can mount the image file. I am using Solaris and I found the following
link very usefull.
http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/summaries/2002-May/003148.html
thanks,
-HG

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 source..
@ 2003-08-13  5:23 ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2003-08-13  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: honne

@ 2003-08-13  5:21 ` William K. Josephson
From: William K. Josephson @ 2003-08-13  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:11:19AM -0400, David Presotto wrote:
> Can't you read an iso image on Linux without blowing a CDROM?

Yes: you can mount the image via the loop back device.

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 source..
@ 2003-08-13  5:11 David Presotto
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Presotto @ 2003-08-13  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: honne, 9fans

Can't you read an iso image on Linux without blowing a CDROM?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2112 bytes --]