* [9fans] fossil lockups: anyone seen this?
@ 2003-10-29  5:55 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-10-29  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I can't 'mk CONF=pccpu' without fossil locking up in vmware. No real
symptoms to speak of, just a lockup. Vmware does go into "halt and catch
fire" mode, eating 99% of cpu.

thanks

ron

* Re: [9fans] fossil lockups: anyone seen this?
@ 2003-10-29 13:51 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-10-29 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I can't 'mk CONF=pccpu' without fossil locking up in vmware. No real
> symptoms to speak of, just a lockup. Vmware does go into "halt and catch
> fire" mode, eating 99% of cpu.

And you think this is Plan 9's fault because?

Seriously, can you do ^t ^t p?  Does it show fossil
using lots of CPU?  Maybe it really is a VMware bug.

If you're running VMware 4, I would not be surprised.
They were a lot more interested in features than
robustness.  Also if you're running on top of Linux,
since then you've got that problem twice.  :-(

Russ

* Re: [9fans] fossil lockups: anyone seen this?
@ 2003-10-29 16:26   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-10-29 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Russ Cox wrote:

> And you think this is Plan 9's fault because?

I don't think it's anything, actually. I'm not sure what's up but it is
always useful to see if anyone else has similar experiences.

> Seriously, can you do ^t ^t p?  Does it show fossil
> using lots of CPU?  Maybe it really is a VMware bug.

wouldn't surprise me. I'll try that.

ron