* [9fans] EPIA up!
@ 2003-11-04  3:26 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-11-04  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

OK, my little bleeding-edge T21 is now supporting my EPIA 533.

Comes up fast. I'll try to get a picture of the dining room tomorrow, it's
pretty funny.

ron

* Re: [9fans] EPIA up!
@ 2003-11-04  3:54 ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-04  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> OK, my little bleeding-edge T21 is now supporting my EPIA 533.
>
> Comes up fast. I'll try to get a picture of the dining room tomorrow, it's
> pretty funny.

If we don't need boot floppy, it's very nice to us.
How we can get it run on our machine?

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] EPIA up!
@ 2003-11-04  4:29   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-11-04  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:

> If we don't need boot floppy, it's very nice to us.
> How we can get it run on our machine?

what kind of machine?

ron

* Re: [9fans] EPIA up!
@ 2003-11-04  4:38     ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-04  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:
>
>> If we don't need boot floppy, it's very nice to us.
>> How we can get it run on our machine?
>
> what kind of machine?

Many of PCs.
Is that the matter for them to run?
Sorry, I have no knowledge of linuxbios and your new invention.
Should I have learned it?  Yes, you are right.
However, I've been very busy for other things, geology...

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] EPIA up!
@ 2003-11-04  4:45       ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2003-11-04  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:

> Many of PCs.
> Is that the matter for them to run?
> Sorry, I have no knowledge of linuxbios and your new invention.

linuxbios is limited to only run on certain types of PCs, due to the
unwilllingness of some vendors to deal with it. It probably would only
work on a fraction of your PCs. Sorry.

> However, I've been very busy for other things, geology...

ah, you have a real job, unlike me :-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] EPIA up!
@ 2003-11-04  5:02         ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-04  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> ah, you have a real job, unlike me :-)

Unfortunately, I had a girl student who doesn't have no
knowledge of computers, probably doesn't like it either
as usual for most of Japanese women. ☺

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] EPIA up!
@ 2003-11-04  5:09         ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2003-11-04  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> linuxbios is limited to only run on certain types of PCs, due to the
> unwilllingness of some vendors to deal with it.

If possible, may I ask you to write its conditions down in short.

Kenji