* [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-08  5:03 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-04-08  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

20040331 + the fixed emu from that other site (forget which) finally
brought up a window today. On the nth install something must have gone
right.

Anyway, now have no middle or right button support. Not the 3-button
emulation or the 3-button mouse I have. 3 buttons work in everything BUT
wm/wm in inferno. Anybody else seen this?

ron
p.s. 20040331 did not by itself fix the problem.

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-08 15:17 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-04-08 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

OK, it is now all working, though it gets occasional weird errors
(program.dis will fail due to 'bad character').

But at least it is sort of up.

ron

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-12  2:14           ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-04-12  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Russ Cox wrote:

> do you use chords?  i find chording with simulated mouse buttons
> almost impossible to master.

it's actually easier for me to do this than some of the rio chording.

not that I'm fast, it's just that I can use it.

ron

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-12  2:13           ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-04-12  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Rob Pike wrote:

> does the chording work? i'm impressed.

yes, it works fine.

ron

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-10 16:59           ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-04-10 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> do you use chords?  i find chording with simulated mouse buttons
> almost impossible to master.

i find chording impossible to master, 'cept on guitar.

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-10 16:54         ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-04-10 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-04-10 16:47         ` Rob Pike
From: Rob Pike @ 2004-04-10 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

does the chording work? i'm impressed.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-10 16:29       ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-04-10 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-04-10 13:19     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-04-10 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I"m getting use to option-button for middle button and 'apple-button' for
> right button. works just fine.

clearly you don't use acme.

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-04-10  5:28   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-04-10  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-04-08 20:00 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-04-08 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yes, I've never found a VNC server that works correctly under Mac OS X... clients are a dime a dozen, though...

>>> Geoff Collyer<geoff@collyer.net> 4/8/2004 12:25:19 PM >>>
I have a mac but only access it via vnc over gigabit ether, which
doesn't get all the funny Mac keys right and throws off the timing of
everything.  I think there's something wrong with the OS X vnc server;
vnc was much snappier when I used it browse the web on openbsd at a
mere 100Mb/s.

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-08 19:25   ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-04-08 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-04-08 18:39 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-04-08 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Good point... I've not used Acme under Inferno much

>unfortunately you do (for instance the Cut/Snarf/Snarf/Send menu is
>accessed in a shell window with button 2).
>
>not to mention acme, which ain't great with only 1 one button (read:
>completely useless)

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-08 18:00   ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2004-04-08 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The current/new emu binary I've sent to Charles should work with a
three button mouse under Apple's X11.  I've been running with various
Logitech 3-button mice on two different machines without err.

The only problem I've had with the latest release has been the supplied
Mac OS X emu is one from pre 20031205, which doesn't live to long
during the install and a few other things.  I can send in a new binary
if it's needed.

jas

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-08 17:48   ` C H Forsyth
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: C H Forsyth @ 2004-04-08 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>if anyone here had a mac, we'd probably be able to do better.  sorry!

i'm trying to get one now.

* Re: [9fans] inferno macos x
@ 2004-04-08 17:39 ` rog
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: rog @ 2004-04-08 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-04-08  5:48 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-04-08  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I use Inferno under Mac OS X, using the Apple X11, and rio from Russ's Plan 9 ports collection, and everything seems to work correctly...  Though I don't recall ever needing extra mouse buttons under Inferno anyway...