* [9fans] httpd service
@ 2002-01-24 16:18 Brian Hancock
From: Brian Hancock @ 2002-01-24 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi, how do I start httpd service?  I think it may be aux/listen tcp80 but
wanted to check.  Also, what's the path to the web root?
Thanks,
Brian

* Re: [9fans] httpd service
@ 2002-01-25 14:00 ` Brian Hancock
From: Brian Hancock @ 2002-01-25 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks Russ.  It's now running well.  Just a note to anyone else starting
out to set up Plan9 for httpd service, make sure you check
/lib/namespace.httpd and /sys/lib/httpd.rewrite.
Regards,
Brian

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Russ Cox wrote:

> See httpd(8).  Httpd runs by itself, not out of listen,
> so you invoke it by running ``ip/httpd/httpd''.
> To start listen you only say ``aux/listen tcp'' or
> ``aux/listen il''; it looks in /bin/service for the
> scripts named things like tcp80 or il17005.
> But listen isn't involved with httpd.
>
> Russ

* Re: [9fans] httpd service
@ 2002-01-24 16:39 Russ Cox