* [9fans] Installation
@ 2001-10-17 12:15 Ian Cooper
From: Ian Cooper @ 2001-10-17 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm new to this Plan 9 thing, but it looks pretty intriguing.  Can
someone please help me with detailed installation instructions?  My
current configuration is this:

  233 MHz Pentium II cpu
  128 MB RAM
  (2) 4-GB disks (IDE)
  CD-ROM drive (IDE)
  Matrox G200 video card
  3Com something-or-other NIC

When I boot off of a stock installation floppy, it works OK except
working with my video card.  The video card is officially not
supported, so I can understand that.  However, Philippe Anel has
written (working?) G200/G4x0 drivers and has posted them on his web
site in source code form.  My problem is this:  I don't currently
have a running Plan 9 server to compile the sources with.  Please
help!  Might somebody have a floppy disk image or something else that
would help me install?  Thanks in advance.

--
Ian Cooper
ian@wpi.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-10-17 12:15 UTC | newest]