* [9fans] kerTeX packages framework update
@ 2024-01-30  6:47 tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2024-01-30  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have made a significant update to the extensions framework of kerTeX
(installing packages, typically things on CTAN).

What is of special interest to plan9 and derived systems users:

- When a recipe downloads sources from CTAN, the URL is not specified.
The definition of the env variable KERTEX_PKG_SRC_SRV is used,
defaulting to 'http://mirrors.ctan.org/'. The problem is that this
last is a CDN and redirection does not work with every client or one
can make a better choice of a reliable mirror near location. It is
then possible to simply redefine the variable to download from the
preferred server. This URL can also be a
'file:///some/dir/with/CTAN/like/tree/' so there is the following
utility;

- pkg_bulk_get is provided that can download all the sources
(mirroring) needed by the recipes in KERTEX_PKG_RCP_DIR (a dir; not an
URL) that defaults to $KERTEX_LIBDIR/pkg/rcp/. If one wants only
sources for the recipes one uses, just define the variable to the dir
where the selected recipes are (one can also see the dependencies of
recipes in order to have a complete set);

- An utility pkg_rcp_sketch is provided that sketches a recipe for a
LaTeX contrib macros package on CTAN. The recipe provided should work
as is in a fair amount of cases (in this case, no need to provide it:
this lightens the burden for me to have to maintain recipes).

All explanations are in:

http://kertex.kergis.com/{fr,en}/pkg.html

--
        Thierry Laronde <tlaronde +AT+ kergis +dot+ com>
                     http://www.kergis.com/

* Re: [9fans] kerTeX packages framework update
@ 2024-01-30  7:20 ` tlaronde
From: tlaronde @ 2024-01-30  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Please note that by: