* [9fans] auth/cpu server didnt find the network interface
@ 2003-09-09 17:06 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2003-09-09 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

I tried to setup a standalone cpu/auth server in VMWare as
described in the Wiki. After rebooting and auth the boot process
stops with "ip/ipconfig: binding device: '/net/ether0/clone' file
does not exist" which is correct because there is not "ether0" in
/net.

It looks like that plan9 see the network interface. It reports
".ether#0: amd79c970: port 0x10C0 irq 11: 000C20002729" earlier in
the boot process.

I tried to set ipconfig and ether in plan9.ini but this didnt solve
the problem.

What do I missing?

Many thanks
Matthias

--
Matthias Teege -- http://www.mteege.de
make world not war

* Re: [9fans] auth/cpu server didnt find the network interface
@ 2003-09-09 18:09 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-09-09 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Maybe you need to bind -a '#l0' /net
though I would expect that to be done
for you.

Does ls '#l0' work?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2556 bytes --]

From: Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] auth/cpu server didnt find the network interface
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:06:15 GMT

@ 2003-09-10  9:15   ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2003-09-10  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com (Russ Cox) writes:

> Maybe you need to bind -a '#l0' /net
> though I would expect that to be done
> for you.

I didnt put the correct driver in the pcauth kernel. I'm so stupid
;-)

Matthias

--

@ 2003-09-09 19:00 Richard C Bilson
From: Richard C Bilson @ 2003-09-09 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does your cpu kernel include a driver for your network card?  The
message of recognition that you see may be coming from 9load, not the
kernel itself.

- Richard