* Re: [9fans] 9atom fails to boot on ThinkPad T400
@ 2011-01-13 14:04 Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2011-01-13 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Aram Hăvărneanu wrote:
> I want to install 9atom on a ThinkPad T400 laptop. T400 uses the
> ICH9M-E/M SATA controller. Both the CD-ROM and the internal HDD are on
> the same SATA controller.
>
> [...]
>
> Do you think it's a bug that prevents the CD-ROM from being detected?
> Any suggestions on what to do next?

I must mention that I also tried installing with SATA controller in
IDE mode, and that works (in Plan9 works but only with DMA disabled).
Maybe this is relevant.

Thanks you,

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] 9atom fails to boot on ThinkPad T400
@ 2011-01-13 14:12 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-01-13 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I must mention that I also tried installing with SATA controller in
> IDE mode, and that works (in Plan9 works but only with DMA disabled).
> Maybe this is relevant.
>
> Thanks you,

you should be able to type "pcihinv" at the 9load prompt.
that output would be useful.  just send a picture offline.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9atom fails to boot on ThinkPad T400
@ 2011-01-13 15:41   ` Aram Hăvărneanu
From: Aram Hăvărneanu @ 2011-01-13 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> you should be able to type "pcihinv" at the 9load prompt.
> that output would be useful.  just send a picture offline.

Tried sending the picture off list, but your SMTP server rejects me
for some reason so I put it here: http://i.imgur.com/9dO07.jpg

Thanks,

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

* Re: [9fans] 9atom fails to boot on ThinkPad T400
@ 2011-01-13 15:51     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-01-13 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Jan 13 10:43:46 EST 2011, aram.h@mgk.ro wrote:
> > you should be able to type "pcihinv" at the 9load prompt.
> > that output would be useful.  just send a picture offline.
>
> Tried sending the picture off list, but your SMTP server rejects me
> for some reason so I put it here: http://i.imgur.com/9dO07.jpg

looks like smtp was a transient dns problem.  nothing to do
with the picture.  should work now.  let me know if it doesn't.

thanks.  i see the case we're looking at.

can you take a picture just when it boots?  there should be
some "ahci ... blah blah blah" information.  i want to see that.

- erik