* [9fans] Datakit documentation
@ 2010-03-09  8:02 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2010-03-09  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've been googling around looking for documentation on Datakit, but
surprisingly I've been unable to find much other than vague anecdotes
about the existance of the network itself (and the 2004 discussion on
9fans).

What I'm mostly interested in are the network protocols and the routing
and addressing schemes. But anything I can get my hands on is of interest.
Anyone have suggestions on likely places to go searching for this?

* Re: [9fans] Datakit documentation
@ 2010-03-09 15:00 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2010-03-09 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This is the paper contains detail of the low level protocol. I have a paper copy
but due to moving house that is out of reach for quite a while.

A. G. Fraser, "Early Experiment with Asynchronous Time Division Networks",
IEEE Networks, pp. 12-26, Jan. 1993.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] Datakit documentation
@ 2010-03-11  9:33 ` Dennis Ritchie
From: Dennis Ritchie @ 2010-03-11  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"Lyndon Nerenberg" <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote in message

> What I'm mostly interested in are the network protocols and the routing
> and addressing schemes. But anything I can get my hands on is of interest.
> Anyone have suggestions on likely places to go searching for this?

I have a very detailed document on the transport protocol;
I haven't found the stuff I probably have on addressing
and how to use it.  Let me know and I'll send the URP
specification paper by Fraser and Marshall,  The
other paper you mentioned, by Fraser, probably
speaks more generally.

  Dennis