* [9fans] teg2 kbd
@ 2014-05-06 16:06 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-05-06 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

does anyone know why the teg2 keyboard code has these two extra
scan code tables?

	case 5:
		*r = kbtabctrlesc1[*sc];
		return 1;
	case 6:
		*r = kbtabshiftesc1[*sc];
		return 1;

- erik

* Re: [9fans] teg2 kbd
@ 2014-05-06 21:37 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2014-05-06 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yep, that was for me.  weird uk usb keyboards.
nearly all the keyboard works but the pipe/backslash key is a special.
the patch appeared twice, once in the pc keyboard driver and once for the
raspberry pi (shared with omap).

there is also someone who had a similar problem with german keyboards
in the archives, though their fix was a little crude (sorry).

i worried at the time that adding two entire pages of lookup table seemed silly
to support one key with three functions, but memory is cheap enough that 2 x 256 bytes
is not outrageous. the 8042 is dead (ish)

steve

> On 6 May 2014, at 17:06, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
>
> does anyone know why the teg2 keyboard code has these two extra
> scan code tables?
>
>    case 5:
>        *r = kbtabctrlesc1[*sc];
>        return 1;
>    case 6:
>        *r = kbtabshiftesc1[*sc];
>        return 1;
>
> - erik

* Re: [9fans] teg2 kbd
@ 2014-05-07  0:38   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-05-07  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue May  6 18:26:54 EDT 2014, steve@quintile.net wrote:
> yep, that was for me.  weird uk usb keyboards.
> nearly all the keyboard works but the pipe/backslash key is a special.
> the patch appeared twice, once in the pc keyboard driver and once for the
> raspberry pi (shared with omap).
>
> there is also someone who had a similar problem with german keyboards
> in the archives, though their fix was a little crude (sorry).
>
> i worried at the time that adding two entire pages of lookup table seemed silly
> to support one key with three functions, but memory is cheap enough that 2 x 256 bytes
> is not outrageous. the 8042 is dead (ish)

would you mind submitting a 9atom patch?  since there where
5 conflicting versions of the scan code tables in the various kbd.c,
i think it got left behind.  the only copy of the scan codes is now
in port/devpckb.c.  so only two (nix and 9) files need updating.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] teg2 kbd
@ 2014-05-07  0:42     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-05-07  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quanstro, 9fans

> would you mind submitting a 9atom patch?  since there where
> 5 conflicting versions of the scan code tables in the various kbd.c,
> i think it got left behind.  the only copy of the scan codes is now
> in port/devpckb.c.  so only two (nix and 9) files need updating.

oh, there's a new test +usbinstamd64.bz2 image available.

- erik