From: Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Town Hall Meeting
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:38:11 -0500	[thread overview]

Okay, a quasi-formal Plan 9 IRC meetup happened this morning.  It went
much longer than it should have and was somewhat disorganized.  I'm
going to take a shot at moderating the next one of these and try to
add a little bit more structure so that it runs 30 minutes to a half
an hour.  I think these sort of things are a good idea every month or
so to encourage people to talk about what they are working on and to
help promote people working together.

The next "town hall" will have a set schedule and we'll have it on a
separate channel.  Anyone who wants to talk about something should add
themselves to the schedule in the WIki:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Town_Hall_Meetings/index.html

I've proposed we have the next one roughly a month from today (6/23)
at 9:30am EST.  If people can't make that time and would like to
propose another time, do it in the wiki.

There were several things which were tabled from discussion at today's
meeting as to avoid in-depth conversation on any one topic.  Hopefully
the folks who originally posed the questions will post threads to
9fans to allow more thorough discussion.  Some folks took notes on the
meeting, and hopefully those plus the irc logs will be posted to the
wiki shortly.

        -eric