* [9fans] Town Hall Meeting Today: Rules of Engagement
@ 2005-06-23 14:03 Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2005-06-23 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Okay, just as another reminder, there will be a Town Hall Meeting on
IRC today at 20:00 GMT.  We'll be going with a more strictly moderated
format to try to keep things moving along - the goal being to finish
within an hour.

Rules of Engagement:

If you want to bring up a major topic, it should be in the Wiki before
the meeting.

As it stands right now, we have 6 topics, so we'll give each topic a
10 minute cap (with maybe five minutes for the topic proposer to cover
his points and 5 minutes for questions).  I think 10 minutes should be
more than adequate for basic coverage of most topics (many will be
less).  Remember, we don't want to go in depth on design issues, etc.
-- those sort of discussions are better suited to the mailing list.
The main purpose for the town hall meetings is to improve general
knowledge of what people are working on and get some high-level
feedback.

If you have something to say on a topic and it looks like we are
wrapping up discussion (before the time limit) send me a quick msg (or
/me raise hand) so I don't change the discussion topic before you have
a chance to type in a more length addition.  I'll post an action
proposing we move on, if I don't hear any dissent in 20 seconds or so,
I'll change the topic.  Please respect the topic selections.

I have the feeling that many of the topics won't go the whole 10
minutes, so we should have some time at the end to open the floor to
new topics.  If folks have new topics to talk about at the end they
should send me a private message with the topic (any time during the
meeting) and I'll queue them up for discussion at the end.  Anything
we don't get to we can put on the agenda for the following town hall.

Also, if someone wants to volunteer to lead the next town hall, that
would be great.  I'd like to keep passing the torch around to keep
things as distributed as possible.

         -eric

* [9fans] Re: Town Hall Meeting Today: Rules of Engagement
@ 2005-06-23 15:39 ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2005-06-23 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Was asked to provide:
Channel: irc://irc.freenode.net/plan9dev
Wiki Information:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Town_Hall_Meetings/index.html

Current Agenda:
    * Documentation: status, people working on it, goals, resources.
    * Plan 9/Inferno/Limbo integration(native dis, auth, shared code, etc.)
    * Ports to new arches and coordination of kernel work (x86-64,
Sparc, Xen, ...)
    * Tech transfer: p9p, dtLinux.
    * v9fs status report - ericvh
    * An update on the 9grid and cross-domain auth? - 20h (if my car
is fast enough)

     -eric

* [9fans] /proc/*/ns
@ 2005-06-24 13:44   ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2005-06-24 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

mode bit of /proc/*/ns is all 444.
and the bit cannot be 440.
thus anyone can know anyones ns.
is there any reason for this feature ?

someone might accidentally leak dir names that he want to be secret.

Kenji Arisawa