* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-26  1:54 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-26  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>> you'd have to filter all traffic through aan on both sides.  afaik it
>>> only speaks 9p2000...
>>
>> 'aan.c' seems to be protocol neutral. Did I miss something?
>
> s/seems to be/is/

my bad, I was left with the impression that aan sits behind the server
recording 9p messages before sending them off to the net.  looking at
the source it's obvious it doesn't know anything about 9p's
structure...

andrey

* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-26  2:38 Peter Bosch
From: Peter Bosch @ 2004-02-26  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-02-26 13:59           ` Philippe Anel
From: Philippe Anel @ 2004-02-26 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/paradyn/papers/#rocks

* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-26 13:53         ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-02-26 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Look for Vic Zandy's paper in google.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1942 bytes --]

From: 9nut@9netics.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:26:25 -0800

> Yup.  Hopefully we'll have Rocks soon and won't need aan
> anymore.  The intent is to make a dial string like
>
> 	rocks!host!service
>
> to replace any call like

Any specifications for rocks to perhaps start work on for drawterm?

* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-26  7:26       ` 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-02-26  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-02-26  6:39         ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-02-26  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> rocks?

yes projectiles.  you chuck 'em, i shoot you with an MP5-A3SD.

* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-26  1:11       ` Derek Fawcus
From: Derek Fawcus @ 2004-02-26  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 05:59:37PM -0500, David Presotto wrote:
> Yup.  Hopefully we'll have Rocks soon and won't need aan
> anymore.  The intent is to make a dial string like
>
> 	rocks!host!service

rocks?

* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-25 23:00   ` 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-02-25 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> you'd have to filter all traffic through aan on both sides.  afaik it
> only speaks 9p2000...

'aan.c' seems to be protocol neutral. Did I miss something?
srvold9p already takes care of the conversion on the Plan9
side; it should look something like this:
(drawterm+aan)↔(aan)↔(srvold9p)↔(cpu)

* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-25 22:59     ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-02-25 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yup.  Hopefully we'll have Rocks soon and won't need aan
anymore.  The intent is to make a dial string like

	rocks!host!service

to replace any call like

	tcp!host!service

so that an aan like service will be available to all
services without having to build aan into every program.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2034 bytes --]

From: 9nut@9netics.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:00:01 -0800

> you'd have to filter all traffic through aan on both sides.  afaik it
> only speaks 9p2000...

'aan.c' seems to be protocol neutral. Did I miss something?
srvold9p already takes care of the conversion on the Plan9
side; it should look something like this:
(drawterm+aan)↔(aan)↔(srvold9p)↔(cpu)

* [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-25 22:25 9nut
From: 9nut @ 2004-02-25 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Now that drawterm supports ssl (Thanks Richard), is anyone working on
aan for drawterm?  I can see where it should go in, by comparing
drawterm to exportfs.  Is it really as simple as starting a proc that
runs the aan function?

* Re: [9fans] aan for drawterm
@ 2004-02-25 21:38 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-25 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)