* [9fans] finally success with pentium d dualcore D945PLrn board
@ 2012-08-28 15:15 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2012-08-28 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

this machine works now in mp mode (after 4 years) with
9front's acpi implementation.

http://9fans.net/archive/2008/02/671

--
cinap

* Re: [9fans] finally success with pentium d dualcore D945PLrn board
@ 2012-08-29  0:07 ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2012-08-29  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012, wrote:

> this machine works now in mp mode (after 4 years) with
> 9front's acpi implementation.
>
> http://9fans.net/archive/2008/02/671
>
> --
> cinap

Nice!

* Re: [9fans] finally success with pentium d dualcore D945PLrn board
@ 2012-08-29  1:26 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-08-29  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cinap_lenrek, 9fans

On Tue Aug 28 19:03:05 EDT 2012, cinap_lenrek@gmx.de wrote:
> this machine works now in mp mode (after 4 years) with
> 9front's acpi implementation.
>
> http://9fans.net/archive/2008/02/671

if there is one, can you dump the table and send it to me?
i'm just curious how it is messed up.  and also curious if using
a "default" i/o apic mapping would rescue your box without
acpi.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] finally success with pentium d dualcore D945PLrn board
@ 2012-08-29  6:08   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2012-08-29  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

is that machine 20 years old yet?

@ 2012-08-29  6:45     ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2012-08-29  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

not the core machine, but probably its graphics card.
it has no graphics onboard so i put an old s3 pci
card in :)

http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/dbl/DSCN1641.JPG

i gave the machine to someone to sell it after giving
up getting plan9 interrupts in mp mode to work and got
an amd sempron machine instead.

he never sold it so he gave it back two days ago. then
gave it one more try with the aml interpreter and it
just worked :)

never had an actual machine to test this acpi stuff.
relied just on people doing table dumps, virtual machines
and remote testing.

http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/acpi/

so big thanks to aiju, sl, hiro and bence for providing
hardware, dumps and help testing.

the raw acpi table dump of that machine is here:

http://9hal.ath.cx/usr/cinap_lenrek/acpi/dbl.acpitbls

would need to reboot it to get mp table dump or the
effective pci interrupt routing. :-(

--

@ 2012-08-29 13:57       ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2012-08-29 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cinap_lenrek, 9fans

> would need to reboot it to get mp table dump or the
> effective pci interrupt routing. :-(

well, if you get a chance.  that would be great.

- erik