* [9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag
@ 2008-10-03  9:09 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2008-10-03  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello everybody,

two small questions:

1) Is there a simple way how to achive that acme use fixed font by default
(but still is able to switch to a variable size when clicking Font) for any
open window? Is e.g.

fn acme { builtin acme -f sthFixed -F sthVar }

a good solution?

2) ... a way to always have Edit in the tag line (without recompiling)?

Thanks

Ruda

* Re: [9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag
@ 2008-10-03 12:03 ` john
From: john @ 2008-10-03 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Hello everybody,
>
> two small questions:
>
> 1) Is there a simple way how to achive that acme use fixed font by default
> (but still is able to switch to a variable size when clicking Font) for any
> open window? Is e.g.
>
> fn acme { builtin acme -f sthFixed -F sthVar }
>
> a good solution?
>
> 2) ... a way to always have Edit in the tag line (without recompiling)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ruda

I have this in my lib/profile:

acmefont = /lib/font/bit/lucida/unicode.6.font
fn acme { /bin/acme -f $acmefont $* }

John

* Re: [9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag
@ 2008-10-03 14:09   ` Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2008-10-03 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs