* [9fans] 2 acmes using plan9port
@ 2009-02-19 11:25 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-02-19 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

what needs to be done in order to be able to run two acme programs?
When I try to run it twice I get

9pserve: announce unix!/tmp/ns.ruda.:0/acme: Address already in use
acme: can't post service: 9pserve failed

Thanks
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] 2 acmes using plan9port
@ 2009-02-19 12:46 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-02-19 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Feb 19 06:27:09 EST 2009, rudolf.sykora@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what needs to be done in order to be able to run two acme programs?
> When I try to run it twice I get
>
> 9pserve: announce unix!/tmp/ns.ruda.:0/acme: Address already in use
> acme: can't post service: 9pserve failed

teach acme to announce on a different socket, given
a command line switch, or just use a fixed sequence
of names like unix!/tmp/ns.ruda.:0/^(acme acme0 ... acmen)

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 2 acmes using plan9port
@ 2009-02-19 13:23 ` roger peppe
From: roger peppe @ 2009-02-19 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 19/02/2009, Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.sykora@gmail.com> wrote:
>  what needs to be done in order to be able to run two acme programs?
>  When I try to run it twice I get
>
>  9pserve: announce unix!/tmp/ns.ruda.:0/acme: Address already in use
>  acme: can't post service: 9pserve failed

i'd just change $NAMESPACE, as documented in intro(4).

* Re: [9fans] 2 acmes using plan9port
@ 2009-02-20  4:56   ` sqweek
From: sqweek @ 2009-02-20  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM, roger peppe <rogpeppe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/02/2009, Rudolf Sykora <rudolf.sykora@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  what needs to be done in order to be able to run two acme programs?
>>  When I try to run it twice I get
>>
>>  9pserve: announce unix!/tmp/ns.ruda.:0/acme: Address already in use
>>  acme: can't post service: 9pserve failed
>
> i'd just change $NAMESPACE, as documented in intro(4).

 Heh, I'm doing both of the suggestions in this thread, with a wrapper script:
http://sqweek.dnsdojo.org/plan9/acme
-sqweek

* Re: [9fans] 2 acmes using plan9port
@ 2009-02-20  8:34     ` Rudolf Sykora