* [9fans] create /home
@ 2010-03-15 23:14 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2010-03-15 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

I'd like to create a directory /home and then bind it to /usr.
(This is because I want some paths from linux that start with /home
were valid paths in my plan 9, too.)

However, I can't create a directory in my / --- when writing 'mkdir
/home' I get the message

mkdir: can't create /home: '/home' mounted directory forbids creation

I remember I was once solving this problem and if I am not wrong, it
was related to the fact that '/' is an union directory and there was
no directory bound to '/' with creation allowed. But somehow I now
don't know where and what I should change, so that I can create a
directory in '/'... I tried to change
the information in /lib/namespace, which in my case starts with

mount -aC #s/boot /root $rootspec
bind -a $rootdir /

to either 'mount -acC' ... or 'bind -ac', but the former seems to not
help and the latter results in no ability to boot afterwards...
(this was just a try, I don't really know what's really going on...)

Can anybody help?
Thanks!
Ruda