* [9fans] pxe load
@ 2003-06-20  1:43 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-06-20  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've updated sources with a 9pxeload, a version of 9load that can be
loaded using the PXE BIOS on an ethernet card.

It still needs work, i.e., I want to change it to use DHCP instead of
BOOTP and make it fetch a plan9.ini off the net should it need one.
However, its pretty usabel as it is.  More as I get more working.

* Re: [9fans] pxe load
@ 2003-06-20  3:03 ` bs
From: bs @ 2003-06-20  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

David Presotto wrote:
> I've updated sources with a 9pxeload, a version of 9load that can be
> loaded using the PXE BIOS on an ethernet card.
>
> It still needs work, i.e., I want to change it to use DHCP instead of
> BOOTP and make it fetch a plan9.ini off the net should it need one.
> However, its pretty usabel as it is.  More as I get more working.

Will it work with any UNDI stack? If not, it should.
One can use something like PXELinux that already does this.
It is preferable to do the typical PXE way.
pxeprom -> bootloader (PXELinux) -> preboot (ld.com) -> boot (9load)
via dhcp, pxe, and tftp.

* Re: [9fans] pxe load
@ 2003-06-20  3:17   ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-06-20  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

no reason why it wouldn't work with any undi stack.  It just depends
on the program getting loaded and after that it takes over.  If you
want to use PXELinux, go right ahead.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2218 bytes --]

From: bs <bs@nospam.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] pxe load
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:03:29 -0400