* [9fans] R G Loeliger meets Glenda
@ 2009-02-24  0:23 mattmobile
From: mattmobile @ 2009-02-24  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

My first stab at a TIL was in AVR assembler but it was more fun to write the code than to find a way to use it.

I still don't have a use but at least I don't have to run it on the AVR anymore to experiment

first an example run

cpu% /n/sources/contrib/maht/rc/til
abc¯def
123

emit
abc def
123
: emit4 emit emit emit emit

 1 2 3 emit4
321
1
 swp 3 2 swp dup dup drop emit4 emit
3321

As you may see
 gets converted to newlines and ¯ (alt__ in plan9, alt0175 on the numpad in windows drawterm) gets converted to a space (any better ideas?)

It's the fruit of an evening's playing, so I've got a few features to add yet (saving the words will be trivial as you should see from the code)

I should give props to BashForth for giving me the idea, but I've not looked at any of it's code (ugh).

matt

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-02-24  0:23 UTC | newest]