* [9fans] Intel GMA950 video
@ 2009-07-15 19:28 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2009-07-15 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anybody running a terminal with a GMA950 chipset? I need to verify it
works before I plunk down money on some new terminal hardware. VESA
support is fine, just as long as rio us usable on it.

The Wiki shows i950 VESA support. I'm not sure of i960 == GMA950. The way
vendors are these days you can't even tell if GMA950 == GMA950 half the
time :-P

--lyndon

* Re: [9fans] Intel GMA950 video
@ 2009-07-16 14:08 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2009-07-16 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs; +Cc: 9fans

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg<lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:
> Anybody running a terminal with a GMA950 chipset? I need to verify it works
> before I plunk down money on some new terminal hardware. VESA support is
> fine, just as long as rio us usable on it.
>
> The Wiki shows i950 VESA support. I'm not sure of i960 == GMA950. The way
> vendors are these days you can't even tell if GMA950 == GMA950 half the time
> :-P

I am.

In particular, I'm using an 82945G-based terminal with the VESA
driver.  It works well, but is not optimal (my monitor supports an 8:5
aspect ratio, incompatible with the offered VESA modes).  I'm slowly
putting together a native driver (really, updating the i810 driver)
for it, but I haven't touched it in a couple of weeks now.

I do not believe that the i960 is uses the GMA950, however; I think it
uses a successor but they are probably largely compatible.

        - Dan C.