* [9fans] Is the Nvidia Tnt2 supported?
@ 2003-06-18 11:35 Apurva Mehta
From: Apurva Mehta @ 2003-06-18 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The list of supported PC hardware is not clear as to whether Nvidia Tnt2
chipset is supported. It lists the TNT, and the Geforce2 MX as supported.
In the NOT supported section it lists the Geforce and mentions the Tnt2 in
brackets with reference to a RviaFB driver on Linux. The wording is as
follows :

"nVidia GeForce (In linux this works on the RivaFB driver, as is the TNT2,
apparently they are not similar enough)"

So is the Tnt2 supported or not? If not is there a way to get it working
somehow?

Thanks,
	- Apurva

* Re: [9fans] Is the Nvidia Tnt2 supported?
@ 2003-06-18 12:06 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2003-06-18 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i know that at least one person has not got a TNT-2 M64 working,
with the latest downloadable image,
but my card hasn't arrived yet so i've not yet looked at what's wrong,
can it be fixed, etc.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2147 bytes --]

From: Apurva Mehta <apurva@gmx.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Is the Nvidia Tnt2 supported?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:35:01 GMT

@ 2003-06-18 13:37   ` Apurva Mehta
From: Apurva Mehta @ 2003-06-18 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:10:34 +0000, Charles Forsyth wrote:

> i know that at least one person has not got a TNT-2 M64 working,
> with the latest downloadable image,
> but my card hasn't arrived yet so i've not yet looked at what's wrong,
> can it be fixed, etc.

Thanks for the input, I have got my TNT2 Pro working at 1024x768x24
with no problems. The refresh rate is a bit low at 55Hz (I think). I
have run Plan 9 just once, from a bootable cd rom. I have not
installed it yet..

	  - Apurva

* [9fans] Re: Is the Nvidia Tnt2 supported?
@ 2003-06-20 16:29 ` Maksim Radziwill
From: Maksim Radziwill @ 2003-06-20 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Apurva Mehta <apurva@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.06.18.10.21.17.782700@gmx.net>...
> The list of supported PC hardware is not clear as to whether Nvidia Tnt2
> chipset is supported. It lists the TNT, and the Geforce2 MX as supported.
> In the NOT supported section it lists the Geforce and mentions the Tnt2 in
> brackets with reference to a RviaFB driver on Linux. The wording is as
> follows :
>
> "nVidia GeForce (In linux this works on the RivaFB driver, as is the TNT2,
> apparently they are not similar enough)"
>
> So is the Tnt2 supported or not? If not is there a way to get it working
> somehow?
>
> Thanks,
> 	- Apurva

At least for me it does work ;)