* [9fans] keyboard repeat speed
@ 2003-05-15 12:37 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2003-05-15 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

For the archives, and anyone interested:

The keyboard repeat speed always seemed very slow on Plan9 compared to Win/Lunix
on the same hardware.

I discovered plan9 doesn't touch the keyboard repeat speed on PCs
(which people correctly pointed out is implemented in the 8042 microcontroller).

Adding code to force the repeat speed in the kernel did nothing and left
me more confused.

Eventually I happened accross a BIOS option for "Keyboard clock frequency" -
set at 8Mhz, I increased this to 16Mhz and my repeat speed is now what I expect.

Oh well.

-Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-15 12:37 UTC | newest]