* Re: [9fans] aux/nfsserver and linux
@ 2002-10-14 16:06 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-14 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Actually it's working quite well for me now.
I switched from kernel 2.4.19-16 to 2.4.19-1
and my problems went away.  I don't ask
questions.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] aux/nfsserver and linux
@ 2002-10-14  8:41 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-10-14  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Using it with debian several months ago failed too.
Since we have both linux and Plan 9 here, let me know
if there's any test I could do that might help you.

That's not much help; sorry.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1962 bytes --]

From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] aux/nfsserver and linux
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 17:20:19 -0400

Has anyone gotten aux/nfsserver to work
reasonably well with Linux?  I've been trying
but failing miserably.  Mounting works fine,
but then after a half hour or so, no more file
system operations work -- they all hang.  So
typing `enter' at a shell prompt gets me more
shell prompts, but typing ls (in a non-NFS directory!)
hangs.  Typing ctl-alt-del doesn't help, presumably
because that tries to exec reboot, but the file
system is deadlocked.

This is using whatever the default setup is under
Mandrake Linux.  I've tried both -o hard,intr and
-o soft,intr, and they both exhibit the same problems.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Russ

* Re: [9fans] aux/nfsserver and linux
@ 2002-10-13  4:37 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-10-13  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Has anyone gotten aux/nfsserver to work
> reasonably well with Linux?  I've been trying
> but failing miserably.  Mounting works fine,
> but then after a half hour or so, no more file
> system operations work -- they all hang.  So
> typing `enter' at a shell prompt gets me more
> shell prompts, but typing ls (in a non-NFS directory!)
> hangs.  Typing ctl-alt-del doesn't help, presumably
> because that tries to exec reboot, but the file
> system is deadlocked.
>
> This is using whatever the default setup is under
> Mandrake Linux.  I've tried both -o hard,intr and
> -o soft,intr, and they both exhibit the same problems.
> Any tips would be appreciated.

Never mind.  This has nothing to do with NFS,
though I did fix some wstat bugs in aux/nfsserver
that you should pick up if you're using it.

Russ

* [9fans] aux/nfsserver and linux
@ 2002-10-12 21:20 Russ Cox