* [9fans] nupas
@ 2018-03-04 19:29 Steve Simon
       [not found] ` <CAFSF3XO4Mn3xWOcg8dT_8FeE51ko8J7wC2mA3rb+pvKW9jizMg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Steve Simon @ 2018-03-04 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I am connecting to my plan9 mail server from my iphone/ipads
and am seeing the well-known imap performance issues.

So, I think I need to move to Eriks nupas eith mdirs to make
imap performant.

Has there been any work on nupas since eriks initial design?

has anyone written any scripts to simply migrate my mailboxes
into mail dirs?

Anyone have a nice canonical list of the changes nescessary to do the migration?

Thanks,

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] nupas
@ 2018-03-04 21:08 ` hiro
       [not found] ` <CAFSF3XO4Mn3xWOcg8dT_8FeE51ko8J7wC2mA3rb+pvKW9jizMg@mail.gmail.com>
From: hiro @ 2018-03-04 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Has there been any work on nupas since eriks initial design?
Yes.

* Re: [9fans] nupas
       [not found] ` <CAFSF3XO4Mn3xWOcg8dT_8FeE51ko8J7wC2mA3rb+pvKW9jizMg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-03-04 21:11   ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2018-03-04 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Excuse my touchscreen.
check the 9front commits here https://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/log?rev=upas

* Re: [9fans] nupas
@ 2018-03-04 22:26     ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2018-03-04 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Great, thanks.

I just need to work out how to migrate my mailboxes
and incorperate my changes to upas (spam prevention).

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] nupas
@ 2018-03-04 22:53       ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2018-03-04 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 10:26:46PM +0000, Steve Simon wrote:
> Great, thanks.
>
> I just need to work out how to migrate my mailboxes
> and incorperate my changes to upas (spam prevention).
>
> -Steve

Erik wrote splitmbox; that can handle the conversion to nupas mdir
format.  Make sure nothing is accessing the mailserve (e.g. via imap)
before you kick it off.

khm

* Re: [9fans] nupas
@ 2018-03-05  2:11         ` Erik Quanstrom