* Re: [9fans] ns83815: auto neg timed out?
@ 2011-05-18 20:39 jake
From: jake @ 2011-05-18 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ghst, 9fans

ghst@ghstwlf.com wrote:
>*profanity*
>What documentation do I need to read to learn how to do that?
>/Pär

The wiki will suffice.

* Re: [9fans] ns83815: auto neg timed out?
@ 2011-05-18 20:36       ` Pär Moberg
From: Pär Moberg @ 2011-05-18 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erik quanstrom; +Cc: 9fans

@ 2011-05-18 16:55     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-05-18 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ghst, 9fans

@ 2011-05-18 16:52   ` Pär Moberg
From: Pär Moberg @ 2011-05-18 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

2011-05-18 14:51, erik quanstrom skrev:
> On Wed May 18 04:06:40 EDT 2011, ghst@ghstwlf.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have a problem with the plan9 installation. I think that I don't get a
>> network connection because it says "ns83815: auto neg timed out", the
>> floppy I use is from May 17 2011 but I have made my own PLAN9.INI:
>
> i don't have the datasheet in front of me, but the two most obvious
> causes are a difficult link partner or perhaps your chip
> doesn't like being poked immediately after starting an sequence.
> you might try moving the delay(1) before the register probe.
>
> - erik

Okej, does that mean that I have to recompile the driver?

//Pär

* Re: [9fans] ns83815: auto neg timed out?
@ 2011-05-18 12:51 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2011-05-18 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2011-05-18  8:04 Pär Moberg
From: Pär Moberg @ 2011-05-18  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,
I have a problem with the plan9 installation. I think that I don't get a
network connection because it says "ns83815: auto neg timed out", the
floppy I use is from May 17 2011 but I have made my own PLAN9.INI:
# config for initial floppy booting

[menu]
menuitem=boot, Boot Plan 9
# menuitem=debug, Boot Plan 9 and debug 9load
menudefault=boot, 10

[common]
# very cautious settings to get started.
# will defeat booting from usb devices.
*nomp=1
*nobiosload=1
# *noahciload=1
# *debugload=1
*nodumpstack=1
# this would disable ether and usb probing.
# *nousbprobe=1
# *noetherprobe=1
distname=plan9
partition=new