* [9fans] 9vx on OSX
@ 2015-11-04  7:10 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2015-11-04  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

does anyone have 9vx that is working on recent osx (Yosemite for example)?

mine is weird: when I type “abc”, I have “aabbcc”.

Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on OSX
@ 2015-11-04  8:02 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2015-11-04  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I just tried it on El Capitan and I don't see the problem, but it has other
issues (e.g. rio backdrop doesn't fill the 9vx window;  full screen mode
doesn't create its own desktop).

BTW, the 9vx I'm using has a date of July 1 2008. I'm sure some API's have
changed underneath it.

I don't think I've ever been able to successfully compile 9vx from source.

-Skip

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:10 PM, arisawa <arisawa@ar.aichi-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anyone have 9vx that is working on recent osx (Yosemite for example)?
>
> mine is weird: when I type “abc”, I have “aabbcc”.
>
> Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on OSX
@ 2015-11-04 17:02   ` Mark van Atten
From: Mark van Atten @ 2015-11-04 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There is a 9vx binary built for Lion on Jan 27, 2012 at
http://code.google.com/p/nix-os/source/browse/9vx.OSX

Just tried it out briefly on Yosemite (10.10.5), and, within the limits
of such a short attempt, I can say that it seems to work.
Going full screen at first left a part on the right blank, but this
was restored later on.

Mark.

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on OSX
@ 2015-11-05 13:59     ` Mark van Atten
From: Mark van Atten @ 2015-11-05 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On my machine at least it suffers from breaking window corners
when changing the window size with B1.

The source of this Lion version should be useful for someone wishing to
adapt 9vx.OSX to Yosemite. But I have only been able to find the binary.

Mark.

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on OSX
@ 2015-11-07 10:50       ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2015-11-07 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

thanks all.

> mine is weird: when I type “abc”, I have “aabbcc”.

I replaced 9vx (not only 9vx binary but whole set of 9vx package) on Yosemite by the one that is working on Mountain Lion.
however the problem is not fixed.

probably that is only to me.
some differences in environment makes problem.

Kenji Arisawa

* Re: [9fans] 9vx on OSX
@ 2015-11-07 18:43         ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2015-11-07 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat Nov  7 02:53:10 PST 2015, arisawa@ar.aichi-u.ac.jp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks all.
>
> > mine is weird: when I type “abc”, I have “aabbcc”.
>
> I replaced 9vx (not only 9vx binary but whole set of 9vx package) on Yosemite by the one that is working on Mountain Lion.
> however the problem is not fixed.
>
> probably that is only to me.
> some differences in environment makes problem.

sounds like a timing issue.  i haven't looked at the fake keyboard
for 9vx, but that's where i'd look first.

- erik