* Re: [9fans] ctrl+c in rc? stopping process execution?
@ 2002-08-30 10:11 nigel
From: nigel @ 2002-08-30 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There is only OTIK. It's Del, not Ctrl-C.

So, hit the Del key (just to the right of Enter on my keybaord).

Nigel

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1534 bytes --]

From: gimpie <ctech@unixtechs.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] ctrl+c in rc? stopping process execution?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:57:03 GMT

Hello,

how do i stop an execution of a command in progress?

* Re: [9fans] ctrl+c in rc? stopping process execution?
@ 2002-09-02  9:13 ` Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2002-09-02  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

nigel@9fs.org wrote:
> There is only OTIK. It's Del, not Ctrl-C.
>
> So, hit the Del key (just to the right of Enter on my keybaord).

I find it quite inconvenient having to reach all the way across to the DEL key
on Nigel's keyboard, so I use my own.

> Nigel

	Adrian

> Subject:
> [9fans] ctrl+c in rc? stopping process execution?
> From:
> gimpie <ctech@unixtechs.net>
> Date:
> Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:57:03 GMT
> To:
> 9fans@cse.psu.edu
>

> Hello,
>
> how do i stop an execution of a command in progress?

Adrian Tritschler    mailto:Adrian.Tritschler@its.monash.edu.au

* Re: [9fans] ctrl+c in rc? stopping process execution?
@ 2002-09-02 16:20 nigel
From: nigel @ 2002-09-02 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Alternatively, you could import Nigel's /dev/DELkey and arrange with
> him to hit it for you

So that's what caused the 1 hour blackout round here...

* Re: [9fans] ctrl+c in rc? stopping process execution?
@ 2002-09-02 11:50 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-02 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-08-30 13:16 ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2002-08-30 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, gimpie wrote:

> how do i stop an execution of a command in progress?

You could call the governor. He might pick up the Red Phone and tell them
"Stop the execution! I've signed the Pardon!" It works on lots of old
movies.

ron

* [9fans] ctrl+c in rc? stopping process execution?
@ 2002-08-30  9:57 gimpie
From: gimpie @ 2002-08-30  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans