* [9fans] Newer ibm laptops tried?
@ 2002-09-06 11:39 Fco.J.Ballesteros
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-09-06 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

AFAIK, people from the labs are using ibm T23 with Plan 9.
Are these the newest ibm models that have been tried with Plan 9?
Or have you tried any of the A or X series?

thanks a lot.

PS: Any other recent laptop not listed in the wiki that worked?

* Re: [9fans] Newer ibm laptops tried?
@ 2002-09-06 12:36 ` Axel Belinfante
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-09-06 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

At about this very moment people here (UTwente) are
trying it on an R31 (if I have the number correct).
So far the vga (intel 830M?) is not yet working.

Axel.

@ 2002-09-06 13:29 ` gabidiaz
From: gabidiaz @ 2002-09-06 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> PS: Any other recent laptop not listed in the wiki that worked?

Sony VAIO PCG-FX105K (with i815 graphic card)

--
Un saludo

* Re: [9fans] Newer ibm laptops tried?
@ 2002-09-09  0:12 ` Jack Johnson
From: Jack Johnson @ 2002-09-09  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Fco.J.Ballesteros wrote:
 > PS: Any other recent laptop not listed in the wiki that worked?

I have a Hitachi (whose model escapes me) at work that works like a
charm, and I think it's just 2 years old (not the laptop with the Cirrus
Logic chipset I posted about before).  I'm currently on an extremely new
Acer TravelMate 630 that I was just going to try out (as soon as the
puppy on my lap wakes).  The specs look promising: P4+NVidia+Realtek.
When I have the details on both, I'll add it to the wiki, or harass me
if I don't get to it.

-Jack

* Re: [9fans] Newer ibm laptops tried?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-09-09  9:51 ` Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2002-09-09  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Fco.J.Ballesteros wrote:
> AFAIK, people from the labs are using ibm T23 with Plan 9.
> Are these the newest ibm models that have been tried with Plan 9?
> Or have you tried any of the A or X series?

I have plan9 working on a T21 *except* for the inbuilt 3com ethernet.
Insufficient knowledge and experience on my part to find out why the driver
won't work.

Some T21s appear to have an inbuilt Intel ethernet controller and I've heard
that they work.

Adrian Tritschler    mailto:Adrian.Tritschler@its.monash.edu.au