* [9fans] diskless cpu from a fossil
@ 2009-07-28  2:40 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2009-07-28  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Does anyone have a copy online of a working plan9.ini for pxe booting a
diskless cpu server from a fossil? I've been going through the manpages
and wiki but things just aren't clear to me exactly what needs to be done
wrt configuring the nvram settings. Things have changed since 2ed ...

--lyndon

* Re: [9fans] diskless cpu from a fossil
@ 2009-07-28  3:42 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-07-28  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon Jul 27 22:41:35 EDT 2009, lyndon@orthanc.ca wrote:
> Does anyone have a copy online of a working plan9.ini for pxe booting a
> diskless cpu server from a fossil? I've been going through the manpages
> and wiki but things just aren't clear to me exactly what needs to be done
> wrt configuring the nvram settings. Things have changed since 2ed ...

this is i use for ken fs, for fossil you will need to s/il/tcp/g.

bootfile=ether0!tyty!/386/9pccpu.gz
bootargs=il
nobootprompt=il

but the real secret sauce is in /lib/ndb/local.  the easiest
way to do things is with an ipnet entry something like

ipnet=example.com
	ip=10.0.0.0 ipmask=/96
	fs=myfs.example.com
	gw=gw.example.com
	auth=auth.example.com
	dns=10.0.0.2
	dnsdomain=example.com
	ipgw=10.0.0.1

it's important that ndb/ipquery returns reasonable answers
for fs and auth for your cpu server.

- erik