* Re: [9fans] i82365 change
@ 2002-05-28 14:47 nigel
From: nigel @ 2002-05-28 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Reading the oracle (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/pccard/)
that bit does nothing for any pcmcia bridge or cardbus bridge in compatbility mode
except 82365SL-DF.

However, setting it will break any 5v cards. You need to

1) detect the DF version
2) use a different register to detect if the card present is 3.3v or 5v
3) set the appropriate bit in the case of 3.3v

The DF version returns 0x84 in register 0.
Register 0x16 is the \x16Card Detect and General Control register.
Bit 6 tells the voltage of slot 1, and bit 7 for slot 2.
0 means 3.3v, 1 means 5v.

So, it register 0 is 0x84, and register 0x16 has the appropriate bit clear,
then set the 3.3v bit.

I think.

* Re: [9fans] i82365 change
@ 2002-05-28 15:00 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-05-28 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ok. I'll test what you say instead of blindly setting the bit.

thanks

* Re: [9fans] i82365 change
@ 2002-05-28 14:33 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-05-28 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm not sure at all.
I tested the two cards I have and they work, but it'd be
better if anyone with a 5V card could try w/ that bit set.

* Re: [9fans] i82365 change
@ 2002-05-28 14:27 nigel
From: nigel @ 2002-05-28 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

That bit only exists in 82365SL-DF compatible versions of the chip.
Are we sure that this won't break other vendors chips, or stop 5V
devices working?

* [9fans] i82365 change
@ 2002-05-28 14:04 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-05-28 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I don't know why, but without this change my pcmcia disk doesn't
get powered and therefore does not work. I think the extra bit
been set by this diff is specifying `3v power' besides `cardena'.

hth

diff /n/dump/2002/0528/sys/src/9/pc/devi82365.c /sys/src/9/pc/devi82365.c
19a20
> 	 Vcc3v=		 (3<<3),
22c23,24
< 	 Fcardena=	 (1<<4),	/*  PC card enable */
---