* [9fans] Intel NUCs and Plan 9?
@ 2015-07-09 12:18 arnold
From: arnold @ 2015-07-09 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does anyone have experience using Intel NUCs with Plan 9? I'm looking
at http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Next-Unit-Computing-NUC5i3RYK/dp/B00S1ISFOQ/ref=sr_1_9?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1436443454&sr=1-9&keywords=intel+nuc
which is a Broadwell Core i3.

Other recommendations for low-cost, small form factor boxes to run
Plan 9 would be welcome, preferably with links (:-).

Thanks,

Arnold

* Re: [9fans] Intel NUCs and Plan 9?
@ 2015-07-09 14:24 ` Shingo Onobori
From: Shingo Onobori @ 2015-07-09 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Is the Raspberry Pi2 bad choice?

http://www.plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/download/

@ 2015-07-09 15:16   ` arnold
From: arnold @ 2015-07-09 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Raspberry pi isn't what I want.

I want to be able to compile / do serious development and being able
to run Linux would also help. I'm not comfortable moving outside of
Intel architecture and I want the horsepower I can get out of a Haswell
or Broadwell.

Thanks,

Arnold

@ 2015-07-09 16:11     ` Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2015-07-09 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Last night my gateway machine fans making final dying for real sounds and I need a replacement. It's a T42 which was already half dead when I repurposed it to this duty and it has worked for four years. I have RPi2, Beaglebone black etc. But in the end I decided to buy a used T60 for $100.

@ 2015-07-09 16:13       ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2015-07-09 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have been very very impressed with the performance of the pi2,
really quite a usable machine - though it is still a terminal.

-Steve